At Southway, our Geography Curriculum is designed:
- To help children acquire and develop the skills and confidence to advance their geographical understanding.
- To develop an understanding and use of geographical language to communicate their understanding of the world around them.
- To stimulate the children’s interest in and curiosity about their surroundings.
- To nurture a sense of wonder about the world.
- To understand the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world, how these are interdependent and how they bring about spatial variation and change over time.
- To develop the children’s knowledge, to encourage a sense of responsibility for the environments and people of the world we live in, so they will think about how it can be improved and sustained.
- To develop a sense of place and identity by learning about the United Kingdom and its relationship with other countries.
By the end of Year 6 children will be able to discuss and/or demonstrate in books: