2015 - 2016
Feedback from Parents 2015 / 2016
In November 2015, we sent a brief questionnaire to parents/carers requesting their feedback on their child’s experience of the transfer from The Gattons to Southway. We received 32 responses out of a possible 90. A copy of the questionnaire can be viewed below.
82% of responses rated all elements of the transition process as “GOOD”. 16% rated all elements as “GOOD”, except ‘uniform arrangements’ which they rated as “SATISFACTORY”. 1 parent rated the uniform process as “POOR”.
On a scale of 1 – 5 (with 1 being ‘easy’ and 5 being ‘difficult’) the following responses were received regarding how their child found the transfer process :
- 54% rated the transfer process easy (rating of 1).
- 31% gave a rating of 2.
- The remaining 15% rated the transfer process as 3 (mid-way between easy / difficult).
Below is a selection of comments/feedback from parents on their experience
Things that made the transfer easier
- Transition visits to the school.
- Buddies from Year 3.
- Meeting the teacher before they joined and knowing which classroom they would be in.
- Lots of information and good communication between Gattons and Southway.
- Spending lunchtime at Southway.
- Maintaining the same class as at The Gattons.
- Constant communication between parents, schools and teachers.
What we could do differently / better next time?
- Allow the children to go through the main gates with the rest of the school sooner.
- Allow them to enter school through small playground until after half term.
- Teachers to be at main gate for the first few weeks after they move from playground drop off.
- Flexibility for purchasing uniform elsewhere (x 3).
- More time available to collect uniforms.
- More visits from new teacher teaching the class at Gattons.
- The transition seemed to be very well planned.
- Better access to class teachers at an earlier stage.
- The more opportunities they have to visit Southway the better.
- Make more use of the buddying system especially during the first few weeks of term.
- Nothing (x 10)
Any other comments
- Overall very good.
- It would be good for the parents to meet the teacher before September (x2).
- Very happy with transition, my child seems quite settled.
- Discipline expectations are higher at Southway – maybe children should be made aware of these expectations.
- Happy with school and transition.
- We think that yourselves and The Gattons did a fantastic job of organising the transition between the two schools. As parents we really appreciated it. Thank you!
- Seamless, professional, exceeded my expectations.
- The process of going into the classroom in the morning was much quicker – which I feel was better. Thank you for listening to last year’s comments.